Why join a CSA?
Here are just a few reasons:
- Enjoy the satisfaction gained from reconnecting to the land and getting to know your local farmer.
- Teach your children about where their food comes from & who grows it.
- Eat ultra fresh and seasonal fruits, vegetables and other products that have superior flavor and vitamin benefits.
- Gain exposure to new foods and new ways and styles of cooking.
- Reduce packaging waste and support the environment.
- Join a wonderful community of individuals interested in connecting the farm directly to the consumer and to enjoy activities like farm visits, recipe swapping and more.
Economics of Joining a CSA
CSA shares offer more value for your food dollar. First, 100% of your money goes directly to the farmer to grow and harvest high quality food for you. By working directly together, farmers and consumers can cut out middlemen related costs (trucking companies, retailers, lobbyists, etc.).
Second, the produce is lower cost and much fresher than supermarket fruits and vegetables.
CSA Costs 2018 Supermarket Costs
Fruit and Vegetables Fruit and Vegetables
$16 and $29 $25 and $55