Here are some highlights of our 11th season. Full Share details can be found in the "Shares Offered" section on our website.
- Season Dates: June 6 to November 14.
- Pick up Day, Time, Location: Wednesdays, 12-3 PM, Downtown Millburn
- Alternative Pick up Location: We are working to finalize a pick-up location in Maplewood (411 Ridgewood Road) with late afternoon and evening pick-up. Due to logistics, this location may only be a vegetable share pick-up location. We hope to have details available soon. We need someone to help supervise this location to get it going. If you are interested please, let me know. Free or discounted share depending on the level of commitment.
- Early Bird Pricing Before March 1: Early bird pricing is available for Vegetable, Fruit, Eggs, and Pasta shares. The March 1 deadline is firm. No exceptions.
- Payment: PayPal (3% service fee) Check, or Venmo (if you have a verified account)
- Vegetable Share: Two sizes available -- Basic and Premium. Full details are on the website.
- Weekly Add-Ons: We offer weekly add-ons to our members including bread, eggs, pastries and other products from local farmers and purveyors.
- Food Pantry Donations: We are once again asking for donations towards the purchase of shares for our local food pantries; Our Lady of Sorrows, Interfaith Food Pantry, and Isaiah House.
How does it work?
Starting on June 6th, Farm & Fork Society members will pick up their shares on Wednesdays at the Wells Fargo Parking lot located at the corner of Essex Street and Spring Street in downtown Millburn (Behind Bhakti Barn Yoga). Pick up times are from 12 PM to 3 PM.
All members are expected to volunteer 1-2 short shifts per season to assist in the distribution of weekly shares. A volunteer sign-up sheet will be coming your way before the season begins. In past years, volunteer requirement has only been one time for the season.
Each member is required to pay a $25 membership fee to help cover the costs of running the Farm & Fork Society and any supplies that are needed.
How to Become a Member
Go to "How to Join" section on the website where you can find detailed instructions and a link to our online ordering system. All members must agree to our Rules & Regulations which can be read here. Please review prior to filling out your online order form. Membership commitment and payment are needed no later than May 1. (Membership commitment is not considered enacted until order form and payment have been received. A confirmation email will be sent to you once membership is complete.)
By joining the Farm & Fork Society you reap the rewards of being a member of a community supported agriculture group. Please recognize that there is no guarantee of the exact amount of produce to be received each week. The farm cannot offer refunds, should you be unable to continue through the season. The farms strive to provide us with the highest quality products at a reduced rate from market price throughout the season in exchange for your advanced commitment to the farms. By submitting your contract you are also agreeing to the rules and regulations of the Farm & Fork Society.
As a member of the 11th season, you will be joining hundreds of families from Millburn-Short Hills, Maplewood-South Orange, Summit, Livingston, and the surrounding area in a vibrant community that supports the sustainable farming activities of local farmers.
We look forward to seeing our long-standing members again as well as welcoming all new Farm & Fork Society members. Our goal is to continue to build a wonderful community within and around our farmer partners while providing healthy and seasonal food to you and your family!
All the best,