Available to Members and Non-Members
Circle Brook Farm (Farmer John) is offering one additional share to be delivered during on November 14 (Millburn) and November 19 (Short Hills).
This stock up share includes a variety vegetables that store well so that you will be able to enjoy produce from the farm well into the winter months as well as provide veggies for your Thanksgiving feast.
- The total weight of this share is about 60 + lbs.
- Approximately a third of the share includes winter squash- butternut, acorn, buttercup (kabocha), delicata, and sweet dumpling squash.
- The share will also include an assortment of root vegetables such as carrots, beets, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga and radishes. This year the share will include Jerusalem artichokes aka sunchokes and another tuberous member of the sunflower family-yacon (pronounced jacone). It is sweet and juicy with a light orange color (carotene) and is similar to jicama. It can be grated raw into salads or cooked in stir-fries for a water chestnut-like crunch. The root crops will comprise about 15 lbs. of the share.
- There will be about 15 lbs. of potatoes and onions. The potatoes will be fingerlings and an assortment of other varieties of potatoes.
- Share will also include green and red cabbage, and whatever greens we still have in the field at this time, such as arugula, broccoli raab or other mustard greens, kale, lettuce and spinach. It is probable that there will be broccoli and/or cauliflower. It is probable that there will be broccoli and/or cauliflower and there will certainly be Brussels sprouts.
- The potatoes, onions, and squash can be stored in a cool dry place such as an attached garage or enclosed porch, where they will not freeze. The root vegetables, greens and cabbage will best be stored in your refrigerator.
Farmer John knows that this final share will not work for everyone, but he hopes that many of you will be able to participate. Doing so will help him to make use of the produce that we have in storage, utilize what remains in the fields.
Normally the proceeds from the stock up share enables John to go into the winter months with money in the bank to pay the bills in January and February. This year however has been a financial disaster and the best he can hope for is to pay off most of the debt that has been incurred in the course of the season.
If this share does not work for you, please consider donating to our HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE. Money raised will go to purchase this stock up share and turkeys for our local food pantries. Click HERE for more details and to donate.
To purchase STOCK UP SHARE, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and included the following:
(2) Cell Number
(3) Pick up date (November 14 or November 19).
Payment will be via Venmo, Check or PayPal.