2017 marks our 10th Anniversary!
First, I would like to welcome our two new team members. Jennifer Duckworth will be our Volunteer Coordinator/Site Supervisor and Susan Norkin will be a Site Supervisor. Both Jen and Susan are stewards of healthy living and I am lucky to have them join the team!
We have some changes this year so please read through everything. Full Share details can be found on our website in the "Shares Offered" section.
- Season Dates: June 7 to November 15.
- Pick up Day/Time: Wednesdays, 12-3 PM
- Early Bird Pricing: Early bird pricing is available for Vegetable, Fruit, Eggs, and Pasta shares. March 1 deadline is firm. No exceptions.
- Credit Cards: We are accepting Credit Cards. Details on order form.
- Vegetable Share: This share is now available in two sizes: Basic and Premium. Premium is the same quantity as past season. Basic is smaller. Full details are on the website.
- Chicken Share: This share will NOT start until August 2. Knoll Krest Farm is in the process of converting the chicken farm to 100% organic! The farmer is not sure when the change will be complete, but it definitely be done by August. If it is completed before August, members will have to opportunity to start the share earlier.
- Weekly Add Ons: We will be sending weekly emails in which you can order weekly add ons including products from Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse, Breezy Hill Orchard, homemade products from Farm & Fork Society and other local food purveyors.
- Donations for Food Pantry Shares: We are once again asking for donations towards the purchase of shares for our local food pantries. In addition, to Our Lady of Sorrows and Interfaith Food Pantry, year we have added Isaiah House to the list of recipients.
Starting on June 7th, Farm & Fork Society members will pick up their shares on Wednesdays at the Wells Fargo Parking lot located at the corner of Essex Street and Spring Street in downtown Millburn (Behind Bhakti Barn Yoga). Pick up times are from 12 PM to 3 PM.
All members are expected to volunteer 1 or 2 short shifts per season to assist in the distribution of weekly shares. A volunteer sign-up sheet will be coming your way before the season begins.
Each member is required to pay a $25 membership fee to help cover the costs of running the Farm & Fork Society and any supplies that are needed.
How to Become a Member
Click HERE to go to the "How to Join" section where you can find detailed instructions and a link to our online ordering system. All members must agree to our Rules & Regulations which can be read here. Please review prior to mailing your contract and check. Membership commitment form and payment is needed no later than May 1. (Membership commitment is not considered enacted until order form and payment have been received. A confirmation email will be sent to you once membership is complete.)
By joining the Farm & Fork Society you reap the rewards of being a member of a community supported agriculture group. Please recognize that there is no guarantee of the exact amount of produce to be received each week. The farm cannot offer refunds, should you be unable to continue through the season. The farms strive to provide us with the highest quality products at a reduced rate from market price throughout the season in exchange for your advanced commitment to the farms. By submitting your contract you are also agreeing to the rules and regulations of the Farm & Fork Society.
As a member of the 10th season, you will be joining hundreds of families from Millburn-Short Hills, Maplewood-South Orange, Summit, Livingston, and the surrounding area in a vibrant community that supports the sustainable farming activities of local farmers.
We look forward to seeing our long standing members again 10th season as well as welcoming all new Farm & Fork Society members. Our goal is to continue to build a wonderful community within and around our farmer partners while providing healthy and seasonal food to you and your family!
All the best,