Why Join??? Being a member of Farm & Fork Society, you benefit from seasonal produce that is literally farm-to-table. All produce comes directly from the fields of small local local organic farms that pursue practices that are environmentally sustainable. Produce is either certified organic, organic stewardship, eco-farmed or sustainably grown. Animals products are raised without antibiotics and hormones and the farmers can trace back all the materials they use in their farming.
NEW FOR 2020
The newest change for the 2020 season is we are moving to Maplewood! We will now outside the General Store Cooperative located on Springfield Ave in Maplewood. This is very exciting. You will not only get to pick up your produce but inside is A LOT of great stuff -- especially the zero waste, package free shops -- Good Bottle Refill Shop where you can get all your cleaning needs and Dry Goods Refillery that sells bulk dry goods. You can also run in for a tasty treat and latte at Three Daughters Baking Co.
Full Share details can be found in the "Shares Offered" tab.
- Season Dates: June 9 to November 18
- Pick up Day, Time, Location: Wednesdays, 12-3 PM, General Store Cooperative, Maplewood
- Early Bird Pricing: Purchased before March 1. The March 1 deadline is firm. No exceptions.
- Payment: PayPal, Check, Venmo, ApplePay, or Zelle
- Vegetable Share: Three sizes available -- Basic, Premium and Half Premium
- Fruit Share
- Egg and Mushroom Shares
- Food Pantry Donations: I continue to raise money to purchase shares for our local food pantries; Our Lady of Sorrows, Interfaith Food Pantry, MEND NJ food pantries
- Share Buy Backs: For potential members concerned about summer vacations and missing shares, this year I am once again will try a buy back weekly shares program.
How does it work?
- Starting on June 9th, Farm & Fork Society members pick up their shares on Wednesdays at General Store Cooperative in Maplewood. Pick up times are from 12 PM to 3 PM.
- All members are expected to volunteer 1-2 short shifts per season to assist in the distribution of weekly shares. A volunteer sign-up sheet will be coming your way before the season begins. In past years, volunteer requirement has only been one time for the season.
- Each member is required to pay a $30 membership fee to help cover the costs of running the Farm & Fork Society and any supplies that are needed.
How do I become a member?
Click HERE to go to go to the "How to Join" tab where you can find detailed instructions and a link to our online ordering system. All members must agree to our Rules & Regulations. Please review prior to filling out your online order form. Membership commitment and payment is needed no later than May 1. (Membership commitment is not considered enacted until order form and payment have been received. A confirmation email will be sent to you once membership is complete.)
Any questions, email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org